Monday, April 23, 2012

Money Knows No Boundaries

Last night, I spoke with a new friend. His name is Dean, and he's a coach to those who would like to become "Realtor Stars."

You see, I'm a realtor. Well, I'm trying to be a realtor. I just got my license about six weeks ago, and got a job with a broker soon after that, but it's been trying.

I have people who tell me that it's all a numbers game, and I need to schedule so many appointments per day, but no one really telling me -- at least not without wanting to charge quite a bit -- how to get those appointments, or what to do when I get out there.

So, I contacted Coach Dean. One of the most honest, straightforward, personable folks I've ever spoken to on the phone.

Along with lots of encouragement and some very useful tips, he made a statement that made me pause and gave me food for thought:

"Money knows no boundaries."

Money doesn't know that I'm just starting out. It doesn't know that I don't know anything. Money doesn't know that I don't have any listings yet, or that I only have a few leads so far.

Money is just waiting for me to put the effort in. A hundred thousand a year or a million a year. Money doesn't care.

Money knows no boundaries. The only boundaries placed on what it's possible for me to make in the next eight months left in this year are the ones that I place on it.

So it's time for me to set a huge goal. It's time for me to think big. It's time for me to put in the effort and achieve what I hadn't thought possible.

Money knows no boundaries, and neither should I.

No comments:

Post a Comment